What are the dates i need to know?
• Registration from October 5th untill October 10th 2015.
The competition will take place at www.ocaseys.nl.
December 11th 2015 1st Semi-final, three semi-finalists 30 minutes.
December 12th 2015 2nd Semi-final, three semi-finalists 30 minutes.
December 13th 2015 HCF Grand Final.
• The Jury Price winner will go to NYC on tour.
Conditions to take part in the Competition
Conditions Comedy Competition the Haags Comedy Festival 2015
• The Haags Comedy Festival 2015 as described is an initiative of Stichting Haags Comedy Festival.
• The Haags Comedy Festival 2015 includes a competition.
• The Hague is an international city. The Haags Comedy Festival 2015 is a stand-up comedy competition for comedians with international ambitions. The language of the competition is General English or General American Civilized English.
• For comedians abroad, the following rules apply: The Haags Comedy Festival 2015 is open to all stand-up comedians. Residence is provided by the organization, travel expenses will be paid by the comedians themselves, unless stated different.
• In stand-up comedy, we mean live comedy and improvisation. Other theatrical devices, such as costumes, and make-up, are either avoided or considered less important.
• Submission for the competition of the Haags Comedy Festival 2015 on the website www.haagscomedyfestival.com between October 5th and October 10th 2015, Register in time the comedians who fits the requirements, first and best from each city will be selected.
• The strict subscription period for the selection runs from October 5th and October 10th.
• Address for correspondence: Haags Comedy Festival, Harderwijkstraat 153 2573 ZD The Hague, 06-46208047, [email protected], www.haagscomedyfestival.com
• Local acts are given the opportunity to perform at the Haags Comedy Festival 2015. The selection will take place on October 28th 2015 at the Haags Pop Centrum (www.haagscpopcentrum.nl) the Hague. During the section you will be challenged to make jokes on a theme, besides your own set. The duration of your total set is 5 minutes, an Headliner will close the show. One comedian from the selection will be selected for the semi-finals. The rest of five the semi-finalists will be selected by the Haags Comedy Festival.
The semifinals will take place on 11th and 12th of December. The final takes place on 13th of December. All at the O'Casey's Irish Pub & Restaurant Noordeinde 140, 2514 GP The Hague. (www.ocaseys.nl). The rest of five the semi-finalists will be selected by the Haags Comedy Festival.
• Each selected semi-finalist of the Haags Comedy Festival 2015, will be contacted in the course of October. We will provide a sheet with all concrete, practical and technical information: location, timing, agreements and so on. We only communicate with the comedian, no managers ect.
• The acts use the same PA and lighting equipment provided by the organizer. The stage management is in the hands of the organization of Haags Comedy Festival 2015.
• The preliminary jury will select a maximum of 6 semi-final acts. The final jury chooses 3 final acts. The performance during the final: 20 - 30 minutes.
• The organizer can change the number of comedians that can admit to the semifinals / finals at all times.
• The participant agrees to all recordings during the Haags Comedy Festival 2015 and the complete tour. The recordings can be used for publicity purposes (eg. Posts on the website and other social media, reports on radio and broadcasting on television).
• The organizer may change these regulations in the interest of the competition. The participants will be given prior notice of any changes.
• The finalists will be presented on the website, social media of the Haags Comedy Festival 2015 and their broadcastingtime on RegioTV.
• The semi-finalists of Haags Comedy Festival 2013 and 2014 are excluded from participation. Competitors of other comedy competitions during the same time are excluded from participation. They can attend the openmic at the Kroepoekfabriek on 27th of November, please contact us if you want to join the line-up.
• Haags Comedy Festival 2015 works with two independent jury’s. Acquisition for the composition of these jury's is not appreciated. Acquisition of the decisions of these jury’s is not appreciated. The jury will be announced along with the selection of comedians on facebook and our website www.haagscomedyfestival.com.
• Anyone who registers for Haags Comedy Festival 2015 is included in the central directory of the Haags Comedy Festival 2015 and will be kept informed of future international cultural projects.
• The participant has a passport that is valid for more than one year, or will apply for this on time.
• The participant provides his own transportation during the competition and tour, unless stated different.
• The participant provides a comedians who can replace him/ her incase he or she is not able to attend.
• The participant meets the requirements of the application for a visa under the ESTA. For more information: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
• The participant has no other obstacles or restrictions for traveling abroad and can get 10 consecutive days off work.
• The penalty for violating this agreement by not is 1500 euro.
• The participant is an ambassador of the Haags Comedy Festival and is committed to the promotion of the festival in social media. Before you enter the festival provide yourself a facebook, twitter and linkedin account. Sharing is caring, help us to promote the festival. Be a professional when performing always, to your fellow comedians, the crew and your host. If things are not going as planned, communicate with the board directly to find a solution.
• The participant agrees with the all conditions.